Everything You Need to Know About Ubuntu Server
Do you know what it takes to set up an Ubuntu server? Even for first time users it is very easy to set up an Ubuntu server for personal computers or for commercial purposes.
What is an Ubuntu Server?
Ubuntu is basically a server operating system and open-source program that is highly recommended when you are looking fora Linux distribution which works well for most projects.Installation requires the user to search through a text menu-based process rather than a user interface which is provided on desktops.
Ubuntu Server comes with a number of advantages in terms of security, customization, and hardware requirements.The open-source format enables programmers from across the world to collaborate and operate with many virtualization platforms.
If you are setting it up for the first time, correct installation will serve websites, file shares and containers. Most significantly, included in the recent update, Ubuntu can effectively attract users with its adaptive connectivity from clouds, servers, desktops and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Ubuntu Tools and Benefits
Ubuntu is exceptional in that it offers quality services that are different from other competing Linux distributions. Highlights include:
- Locate resources – The Ubuntu Cloud makes it easy for users to locate resources very quickly,at short notice.
- Retrieve networks – The Ubuntu Server is proficient in retrieving networks and offering specialised services expressed within internal applications.
- Versatility – Once it has been installed, the Ubuntu server is more versatile for developers than its competitors.
- Flexibility – The optimization of Ubuntu Server provides a very flexible solution to support the needs of individuals and companies.
- Home or enterprise – It can be used as a home server or scaled up to an enterprise level.
- Wide deployment –Ubuntu Server is capable of handling a wide range of deployments including Open Stack clouds and render farms.
Let’s check out more benefits –
Keeping You Informed of Security Updates
Ubuntu Server delivers maintenance updates every 6 months. It also offers a Standard Security Maintenance (SSM) window for ultimate security support. An extended period of ESM, Extended Security Maintenance is also available for legacy applications.
Ubuntu Server Can Meet Your Needs
Ubuntu Server offers either minimal or standard install. You can use it with a variety of machines with extensive functionality. This means you can adapt it to your changing needs as they progress.
For Operating Systems (OS), scalability is an extremely important feature as it is critical to deliver high-quality performance and capacity.
Prevent Usage of Many Machine Resources
Ubuntu is universally recognized for its efficient use of resources. This quality extends to Ubuntu Server. Its scalability extends to hardware requirements. With minimal installation required, it only requires a 300MHz CPU, 384 MB of RAM, and 1.5 GB of hard drive space.
Even with a standard installation hardware requirements don’t significantly rise. Depending on your needs, Ubuntu also offers support with minimum resources required and less than its competitors,
Installing Ubuntu Server
If you are considering Ubuntu Server as the best solution for your needs,the next step is to find a provider that offers it as a hosting solution.
ASHNET’s Ubuntu Server hosting plans are very reasonable, and you can choose a plan that suits you best.
Contact ASHNET today to find out more. We provide excellent customer service to our elite clients.